Contact: Commissioner Maydak
Lafayette Elementary School Project
Lafayette Elementary School located at 5701 Broad Branch Road, NW is scheduled for total modernization by FY 2016.
This project is Part of a $3.2 billion, 10-year DCPS School Modernization Program started in 2007. The modernization will require construction of swing space to accommodate students and staff during the construction process as it is assumed that the existing 1970’s wing will be demolished to make room for a new addition.
The school currently holds 700 students in approximately 113,600 sq-ft of open-space floor layouts. The modernization will aim to increase the overall area to 145,000 sq-ft to accommodate a capacity of 805 students.
- Lafayette Elementary School Modernization Meeting Presentation 12-17-14
- Lafayette Park & School Community Meeting Presentation 11-12-14
- Lafayette Elementary School Project SIT Meeting Presentation 10-27-14
- Lafayette Elementary School Project Community Meeting Flyer 11-12-2014
- Lafayette Elementary School SIT Meeting Presentation – A School on the Park 10-07-2014
- Lafayette Elementary School SIT Meeting Presentation – A School on the Park 9-22-14
- Lafayette ES and Playground SIT Meeting Presentation and Cover Memo 8-4-14
- Lafayette ES and Playground Community Meeting – Projects Update Presentation 7-8-14
- Lafayette ES and Playground Projects Update Community Meeting Flyer 7-8-14
- Lafayette ES Project SIT Meeting Presentation 6-18-14